Why volunteer?[BROKEN LINK]
- 4-H is fun!
- Most people volunteer for 4-H because they enjoy working with youth.
- To make a positive contribution to youth and to your community.
- So that a young person's future can be shaped in the positive environment of 4-H, recognizing that young people are the future.
- To obtain training from USU Extension in youth and leadership development.
- For your personal development in skill areas pertaining to projects, leadership, teaching, and organization.
How do I volunteer?[BROKEN LINK]
All volunteers must first enroll as a volunteer through 4-H Online.
- To form a club on your own, check out the About 4-H page to learn how to start a 4-H club.
- To volunteer for one of our staff-led events, contact our office for more information.
- To create a community event from scratch, contact our office for more information.
Volunteers are the heart of 4-H, so we appreciate your interest in becoming a 4-H volunteer.
A parent's role in 4-H[BROKEN LINK]
- Share: Take interest, look, listen and offer suggestions, but avoid the temptation to “take over” and do things yourself.
- Prepare: Help your child value having their projects, duties, and presentations done right and on time.
- Be There: Parents are part of 4-H, too. You are welcome and very needed. Stay for staff-led events, lend a hand where you can, and volunteer.
- Care: Support your child’s participation and abide by the policies set by the 4-H Youth Development Program.