What's UP with 4-H this summer? Adventure Awaits!!
Two activities every Friday
Pick-up kits in Richfield or Monroe
Register at ut.4honline.com
June 19th: to register choose event "UP! June 19"
- Play dough Monster Kit: This STEAM kit is all about building a monster and a tower with toothpicks. Let's see your creativity and engineering skills. Kits come with play dough and other supplies. $1
- UV Buddy Kit: Create your own glow-in-the-dark creation with this STEAM kit. Includes beads, string, and instructions. $1
June 26th: to register choose event "Up! June 26"
- D-stress with 4-H: Pre-recorded video instruction. Make a stress ball, an aromatherapy bracelet and your own kinetic sand. You'll be feeling relaxed in no time as you learn how these items can reduce anxiety. $12
- Rocket Launcher: Pre-recorded video instruction. Want to shoot for the stars this summer? Make a rocket launcher using PVC. Must hook to an air compressor to launch paper rolled rockets. $26
July 1st (WEDNESDAY): to register choose event "Up! July 1"
- Skittles STEAM Kit: Have you ever wondered how skittles get their colors? Instead of tasting the rainbow let's use these skittles to create a rainbow of our own!
- STEM Puppet Kit: Use this STEAM kit to learn about the states of matter, make spoon puppets, on put on a show! FREE
July 10th: to register choose event "Up! July 10"
- Lego Challenge Kit: Can you follow the instructions in this Lego challenge? The kit comes with challenge cards and Lego for you to build with. FREE
July 17th: to register choose event "Up! July 17"
- Tie-dye Shoes: Pre-recorded video instruction Pick your favorite sharpie colors to tie-dye a pair of canvas shoes and you'll be looking great all summer! $12
- Chalk Coding Kit: Challenge your family to a fun activity by drawing a code for them to follow on the sidewalk (or anywhere you're allowed to use chalk)! Kit comes with sidewalk chalk and instructions. FREE
- Little Sugar Bean Baking Kit: Pretzel Party!! Learn how to make soft pretzels, pretzels dogs, and cheese dip. Bonus: Cherry Limeade Beverage. Pre-recorded video instruction. Pick-up kit in office. You will need to add egg, water, butter, hot dogs, milk and cheddar cheese. $10 Choose Event "Little Sugar Bean Baking: July"
July 23rd (THURSDAY): to register choose event "Up! July 23"
- Corny Popcorn Fun: Recipe book chock-full of delicious popcorn recipes compiled by Barbie Pearson.
- STEM Flower Kit: Develop the skills for recognizing, locating, and collecting flowers. Then, dissect a flower and identify various plant parts. Lastly, assemble a plant press and master the art of drying and flattening plants. FREE
- Engineering Design Challenge: Put your STEM skills to the test as you design a catapult, bridge, rocket and vehicle with this kit. FREE
July 31st: to register choose event "Up! July 31"
- Crystal Chemistry Class: Watch Live Zoom or recording. Learn about the cool crystal planet we live on and make three different kinds of crystals with your kit.
- Clipboard Geometry: Create a cool paper design using squares and right-angle triangles. Enter your project in the fair! FREE
Available every week while supplies last!
Summer Sewing Learn how to sew scrunchies, a drawstring bag, 2 pioneer rag dolls, 2 sleeping beauty masks, and a half apron. You will receive a kit with the fabric and other needed supplies already cut and ready to sew. The fabric is high-end, designer fabric. Watch a weekly video starting July 6th, which teaches about important features of the sewing machine and tools while learning how to complete these projects. You will need a sewing machine, iron, and basic sewing supplies such as scissors and thread. Register at ut.4honline.com and choose event Summer Sewing. $25
Let's Chalk!!! Pre-recorded video instruction You've had fun cooking with Christine, now try some crafting! Create a stand-alone sign that you create as easy as 1-2-3! You get to choose 1 of 3 different kits. These kits will help you complete the entire project. I will show you a few different ways to complete your project, then you may choose your favorite, or create your own! Plus, I will show you how you can embellish your project to fit your decor. Register at https://ut.4honline.com. Choose "Let's Chalk!" as the event.
DON'T FORGET - YOU MUST BE AN ENROLLED 4-H MEMBER TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY 4-H CLUBS! REGISTRATION CAN BE COMPLETED ONLINE HERE.